MASON COUNTY PARISH
The Episcopal Parish of Mason County
St. Barnabas Episcopal Church is a growing and vibrant Mission (Diocese of Springfield, IL) in beautiful Havana, Illinois. This Mission exsitis to provide those unchruched and those disaffected christians a place to reconnect with Jesus Christ, his Church, as well as his Word and his Sacraments. Come and see what the Lord is doing, Taste and see that the Lord is good, and come be apart of our community!
We welcome you . . .
. . . to walk with us, worship with us, work with us, and otherwise share our life.
- Monday | If there is a feast day that falls on this date, 9:00 am and 5:00pm Prayer | 6:00pm mass to follow.
- Tuesday | 9:00 am and 5:00pm Prayer | If there is a feast day that falls on this date, 9:00 am and 5:00pm Prayer | 6:00pm mass to follow.
- Wednesday | 9:00am and 5:00pm Prayer | 5:30 pm Mid-Week Mass with Anointing and Laying on of Hands. Rite II, adapted from “A Public Service for Healing” from the Book of Occasional Services 2003.
- Thursday | 9:00 am and 5:00pm Prayer | If there is a feast day that falls on this date, 9:00 am and 5:00pm Prayer | 6:00pm mass to follow.
- Friday | 9:00 am and 5:00pm Prayer | If there is a feast day that falls on this date, 9:00 am and 5:00pm Prayer | 6:00pm mass to follow.
- Saturday | If there is a feast day that falls on this date, 9:00 am and 5:00pm Prayer | 6:00pm mass to follow.
- Sunday | 9:00 am and 5:00pm Prayer |10:00 am The Mass of the Lord’s Day is celebrated each Sunday according to the 1979 Book of Common Prayer. Rite II in Ordinary Time, and Rite I during the seasons of Advent and Lent. Followed by coffee hour in the Parish Hall.
All Saints Lessons and Carols: I will be assisting at All Saints Morton for their Lessons and Carols Service this Sunday December 3rd at 4:00pm. If you wish to come and represent St. Barnabas, please note there will be High Tea at 3:00pm. Veterans Outreach: Please see Terri for more information. Greening of the Church:… Continue reading December Announcements
All Saints: The Feast of All Saints on November 1st will be observed with Evening Prayer ay 5:30pm. Mass for the feast of All Souls will be celebrated on November 5th. All Souls: The Feast of All Souls on November 2nd will be observed at 5:30pm with a light reception to follow. Sign Up Sheet:… Continue reading November Announcements
Pets Without Parents: We will be collecting items for Pets Without Parents the next several weeks. If you want to give Terri cash, she will go shopping for items. The items in question are as follows: Pinesol, Paper Towels, Kitchen/Garbage bags, Clean old towels, Baking Soda, Dog treats, Kong/Nylabone super chew toys. UTO: The United… Continue reading October Announcements
Holy Cross: Mass for The Feast of the Exultation of the Holy Cross is being transferred on the 13th of this Month, at 5:30pm. Bishop’s Visitation: The Bishop will be with us for his annual visit on the 17th, Constitution Day. St. Matthew the Apostle: Mass for The Feast of St. Matthew the Apostle is… Continue reading September Announcements
Feast of the Transfiguration: The Feast of the Transfiguration is on the 6th of August, the 1st Sunday of the month. Matins at 9:00am, Mass at 10:00am, and Evensong at 5:00pm. School Drive: The school supply drive ends this week. If you would rather give monetary donation instead of supplies, see Terri McDowell Wedding: I… Continue reading August Announcements
Crusillo: I will be gone the 13th-16th of July for Crusillo at Todd Hall. Fr. John Richmond (309-645-9340), will be on standby for emergencies Evensong For St. Mary Magdalene: There will be evensong for the Eve of St. Mary Magdalene on the 21st of July at 5:30pm at Morten. St. Mary Magdalene: The feast of… Continue reading July Announcements